If you are seriously considering having a new asphalt pavement installed, you are likely aware of the major benefits that asphalt can provide. For starters, it will cost significantly less than a comparable concrete pavement, and you will also be able to put your new pavement into use sooner. Furthermore, your asphalt pavement will reflect less of the sunlight that can cause a blinding glare that can make it difficult for drivers or pedestrians to see clearly. In addition, the dark background provides an excellent contrast for pavement markings. However, to get the most value from your pavement, you should plan to invest in periodic applications of asphalt sealcoating.
What Is Asphalt Sealcoating?
If you are familiar with the clear coat that most car manufacturers apply to protect the paint, you already have an idea of the purpose of a seal coat. Simply stated, it is a barrier to help protect what lies beneath from damage. In the case of an automobile, the coating helps protect the paint from scratches, tree sap, bird droppings, and other things that can damage the paint or encourage the metal to rust. When applied to an asphalt pavement, seal coating serves a similar function.
What Are Five Ways That Sealcoating Can Help Me Save Money?
Whether you are sealcoating parking lot pavements, the streets in a gated community, or trails, paths, or walkways, the procedure is fast, economical, and highly effective. Street, walkway, and parking lot sealcoating can help you save money in all of the following ways.
1. Reputable sealcoating companies will ensure that potholes, significant cracks, and other types of open breaks are repaired prior to applying the sealant. This gives you an additional chance to address pavement breaks that could lead to costly repairs, or, when sealcoating parking lot pavements, potential tripping hazards to pedestrians.
2. Seal coating is extremely effective at blocking the UV rays from the sun. These UV rays fade the color of asphalt pavement, but they will also turn it dry and brittle, making cracks more likely to develop. Fewer cracks mean that there is less likelihood of water penetrating to and weakening the foundation.
3. If you have an asphalt parking lot, it is only a matter of time before vehicles leak oil, transmission fluid, gas, power steering fluid, or other automotive petrochemicals on your pavement. Petrochemicals turn asphalt pavements soft and crumbly, and these crumbs are easily dislodged when vehicles drive across them. Potholes can quickly form in these spots. Asphalt paving lot sealcoating will give you additional time to remove petrochemicals before they can reach the underlying pavement and damage it.
4. A high-quality seal coat also enhances the natural waterproofing properties of asphalt paving. Even a relatively small break in your pavement can allow water to penetrate deep into the structure. As previously noted, experienced sealcoating companies will make sure that there are no open breaks, but the process also allows a thorough inspection of your pavement because there should be no vehicles present to conceal damaged areas.
5. Although seal coating cannot repair large cracks, it can take care of hairline cracks and small chips in the pavement. This improves the visual appeal of your pavement, but it can also help prevent these minor flaws from rapidly growing into significant problems.
Whether you need sealcoating, asphalt crack repairs, driveway paving, thermoplastic line striping, asphalt repairs, parking lot striping, concrete bumpers, speed bumps, traffic signage, or a customized parking lot maintenance program, you can count on Asphalt Care Services for prompt, professional assistance. We are known for the extremely high quality of our work, our exemplary customer service, and our competitive rates. Asphalt Care Services serves most Treasure Coast locations, including Vero Beach, Sebastian, Port St. Lucie, Stuart, Boca Raton, Hobe Sound, Fort Pierce, West Palm Beach, Okeechobee, and Indian River. You can request a free quote by submitting our online form, or you can call 772-888-2840.